Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Defined by Coffee...


I frequent a coffee shop that has become a third office, a home away from home, a counseling center, a local cheers, a place to visit with and experience the stories of the rarest and most normal people in the world. I love it, and have in a sense become an addict. Not so much of coffee as I am of people. It is a rush to watch from a distance and soon become acquainted with people who would never be in my regular circle of life. In a way, my coffee shop has redefined me and even my purpose. One "regular" reminded me, "You are always influencing people, remember that. Even when you don't know it." The owner not only knows my name, but so much more about me: my beliefs, my job frustrations, the things that make me happy, and has even seen me wail!...He has taught me to listen. Every time he grabs his coffee, sits down next to me and shares his own experiences, I am given another gift. It's my favorite spot and these are some of my favorite people. And the coffee...it's not bad, not bad at all.

1 comment:

AngryMan said...

I'm amazed at how people can deal with coffee shops. I'm not that social, so I usually just go into one to read a book. But when I'm there, I am amazed by the culture that is created in those. One of the ones in town allows regulars to keep their own cups around so they can use them when they come in. It's kinda neat.