Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Hold on tightly.



“The man who comes to a right belief about God is relieved of ten thousand temporal problems…”

A.W. Tozer
The Knowledge of the Holy

This is my prayer...I will sadly admit that I do not trust God. I stood in front of the ocean tonight. It was dark and the moon was full. I was ready, like St. Francis, to shout from the bell tower, "Look at the moon!!" It's reflection over the water would take your breath away. The sound of the ocean and the deep waters leave you with a sense of mystery and awe. The waves are constant. The moon hangs as it should. The ocean stretches long and leaves me standing small up on the dunes...with the wind blowing against my face.

And in that moment I can see just how big God is. I can hear just how strong He is. I am reminded of the power that parts waters and the faithfulness that flows without hesitation. I am left with the Truth about Who He is.

And in that moment, and with those thoughts, I am calmed.
I, for a second, believe He is everything and all things are held together by Him.

And when I walk back to the house...I take a brief glance up and ask Him if He will help me hold on to the right view of His majesty.
It is a discipline of thought,
and a fanning of the flame....

A right view...leaves me with such peace.
I will hold it like a gift and hope that when I awake,
it will still pervade my broken and dusty thoughts.

No comments: