Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Strange Stirring....



Whales


I wish I was alone,
that day,
in that boat,
out in the Gulf of Alaska.

I wish they knew I was there
Looking,
Scanning and searching.
I wish that boat was mine and floating
softly, and
waiting
in total silence--
for them.
I wish I could hear the water
break with a blow,
and to then be calmed again by the gentle sound of the
slapping
and rippling of the waves.
And I wish for them to wander
near me,
with intention
and awareness
of me,
looking just
for me.
To remind me
to look up,
and around.
And to stop
and to smell.
And to listen
and to learn.
And to drink deeply,
and wait patiently.
And to wonder often and ask always.

I wish I was alone,
on my own boat,
In my own corner
of the vast and broad sea,
And I wish they knew me
and would remember me,
And were waiting, again,
just for me
to come,
in my boat,
out to the Gulf of Alaska.

No comments: