Sunday, March 27, 2011

His Promise Kept....

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." --Prince Caspian (C.S. Lewis)

I've held on to this hope. My counselor told me one time, "Dawn, it is a gift that you have friends who have known you long enough to be able to tell you that you are a different person than you were years ago, but the truth is, you are different whether you 'feel' it or not, or whether your friends can tell you or not. Jesus promises, and has made a commitment to you, to change you. He is doing it each day. It is a fact."

What a significant, and truly restful thought. The anxiety I feel at times over my own soul and my own state is appeased by this truth: He is making me more like Jesus and it has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with His promises.

Hold on to this when you fall. Keep focused on this fact when you see the same strongholds creep in again. Everything is truly different. And the greatest hope is that one day, the veil will be removed and what we see now in part we will one day soon see in whole! This is the hope of Heaven. This is another promise we cling to.

I Corinthians 13:12---
Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

No comments: