Friday, July 15, 2011

Twitter is spiritual....well, that's a stretch.




Embarrassing, I know, but I have a Twitter account (dawnpoulterer) and a range of people/news that I follow and keep up with, providing me snippets of information. Just enough to keep me distracted and aware. I only check it a few times a day and so most of the time, I breeze through it. Like taking shots of truth, I follow daily quotes by the brilliant men of history and the present: C.S Lewis, A.W. Tozer, Spurgeon, Luther, R.C. Ryle, Mark Driscoll, Tim Keller and many others who share random, insightful thoughts. Scrolling, I have found some inspiring quotes that have stopped me with thought and meditation.

A quote that someone tweeted not long ago is one of my favorites. It is made up with just a few words, but chapters of theology. G.K Chesterton is one who can seem to me too deep to grasp. I have not even ventured into the pages of Orthodoxy, but I have been often tempted. So here it is...a reminder to me that even one of the most amazing scholars, when he truly knows Jesus and has understood the reality of the gospel, will be a picture of the humility of Christ. It is clear in this short quote:

When asked what was wrong with the world, G.K Chesterton said, "I am."

No comments: