Sunday, May 06, 2012

Competition for the Throne...

Who of these two 
 Do I reflect in one’s view?
 I fear what the answer will be… 
The Christ who served willing, with nothing to gain, 
Or the enemy driven by destruction and pain? 
At first glance there’s no question, 
For Christ holds my affection. 
He’s the truest desire within. 
But look deeper and see 
There’s an evil in me 
Where my soul is tangled in sickness and greed. 
And though salvation is mine, 
Sin still has a bind, 
A deficit deep with no limit to find. 

There’s a competition under heaven 
For the throne of perfection 
Yet only One winner will be. 
And though Jesus is king
Something dark stirs in me
As I grope for that seat all day.
When I awake in the morning I seek my own glory, 
And forget that I bear His name. 

So remember the garden And the war that was started, 
When evil stepped onto the stage? 
Satan wanted the throne 
And still does, I know, 

But I’ve joined in the race to be king…

No comments: