Thursday, June 01, 2006

Be like little children...

I got this email from a friend this afternoon...He is going into full-time, full-support ministry. And this is how God affirms his decision and how He reminds him that HE is in control!! Read this on behalf of your own faith:

Dawn
I just had a 13 year old girl walk into my room and hand me a check for
$1000. She told me that for her birthday party she decided to not ask
for gifts, but instead, she had everyone bring a donation for my
ministry. I am in tears as I am sending this email. Just when we feel
dry and distant from God, He brings a young child to show us His love.
Amazed and humbled by his grace,
DJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How easy it is to not move forward in faith because we believe that God is a hard master who reaps from that which He did not sow. Yet He proves us wrong pretty consistently. Having a moral imagination requires so much risk. If only we were all willing to dream about how we could use our gifts and talents in unique ways to glorify God and be blessing to others. That kid dreamed.