Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Home is where?


"God makes a home for the lonely." Psalm 68:6 (NAS)

Home for me is in a 1,000 different places. I live with a family, I stay with random friends, and in the meantime, I wonder who I am. But tonight my friend gave me this verse and it spoke to a deep part in my soul...the Lord is my home. He is my place of refuge. He is my portion and my peace. When life is unsettled--which it is...when life is disappointing and heaven is so far away...I have a home in Him. And when I really stop and reflect, I recall it being said of Jesus, "He had no place to lay His head."

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I long for New York, but I also long to be with the Lord. I think it's awesome that our future includes a multitude of friends, the Lord Himself, and an eternal city.

Sometimes I can taste it, but most times heaven is so far away.