Saturday, July 29, 2006

Is it a myth?


So...When I was in high school, or maybe middle school, someone told me the horrific "fact" that if you gave a seagull an alcaceltzer, he would blow up. They even said they had seen it! Now kids lie all the time...I believed for a time that a giraffe had two hearts too until someone told me I was fooled. So my question is, have I believed another lie all these years? I just went to the beach this past week in Ocean City NJ and every time I go I wonder about this...although I will say, as I sat in my beach chair, minding my own business, eating a wonderful turkey and cheese sandwich...a seagull swooped down from ...with a mission in mind...and grabbed the entire sandwich out of my hand. I felt violatd in a way and at that moment...I wished I had some alcaceltzer in that sandwich!

1 comment:

AngryMan said...

Get the seagulls near a space where there is a humidifier and a de-humidifier. Turn both of those on and the ensuing explosion will take care of the seagulls.
At least that's what I learned on Pete & Pete. The episode is Grounded for Life. I think it's season two. You can verify it for accuracy.