Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Moments worth freezing...

Have you ever had a moment that you wish you could freeze? Or have you anticipated a moment with such intensity that you feel like your heart is going to pop out of your chest? I just had that. I googled my friend's work address and mapquestd it to locate exactly where she was. I have not seen her in years and her work place was on the way as I traveled from Philly to Charlotte, NC. I told the recpeptionist what I was doing and she called her out from her office...it took her a moment and then she was shocked by my standing there in her office! We hug out for two hours and it was such a shot in the arm...friends like that are rare finds. But it seems to me when you truly let people in and show them all your colors--weaknesses as well as strengths--you can expect a lifelong, "pick-up-where-you-left-off situation." And that is how it was with her...my stuff surfaced during the course of knowing her and she embrace me in my mess...They are few and far between, they are keepers for sure. Good to see you Pam. Really good.

No comments: